Monday, February 12, 2007

Ringside Dreams Revisited!

Photo: The Late Great Ali!


In a post last year entitled Ringside I admitted to a long held desire to be a ringside boxing announcer. At our house we are such boxing fans our choice of dogs are even Boxers and we name them after favorite or respected boxers, as with our first beloved brindle, Ali! Well, I haven't received that call yet that I've been waiting on to join the guys at ringside, but I did have an opportunity to write my first professional boxing article this weekend entitled Sugar Shane Sweetens with Age. I was holding my breath, wondering what kind of a response I'd get, and of course I shot the link to a few hard-nosed boxing fans that I knew would not cut me any slack. I breathed a deep sigh of relief when the first few responses did trickle in! The critics were impressed! Wow!

I'm still hanging tight to my dream, but, in the interim, I'm thrilled to have an opportunity to strut my stuff on the tip of my pen!

1 comment:

MsJayy said...

Nicely done (as always) Peggy! And I'm holding out for when you join the menfolk at ringside too!