Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wisdom

Interesting that this morning I was drawn to Proverbs 8. I read the chapter with sleepy eyes, but something deep within was stressing that it was not by chance that I had come to those passages, that an intimate relationship with wisdom was going to be a must for me.

Right now I am wearing many hats, hats that require that I switch them on and off all through the day, hats that require a lot of personal interaction on many different levels. I often think because of that I have developed great people savvy -- you know, I think I know people. Well, I won't be quick to jump to that conculsion any longer, because I felt a sense of abject, absolute betrayal this day. It is such an unpleasant feeling. The unbridled me wanted to pounce, to point and scream, to yell "I see you, I see you, I see you" and another little voice whimpered in such deep disappointment "for what you really are."

I am glad I am not a slave to the unbridled me, that I can make choices, that (thank God) I can choose wisdom. Although my soul was bitterly disappointed, my heart hurt as I watched the esteem I once held for my offender fall, splinter and pierce all illusion, I grabbed wisdom and wrapped it around me as tightly as I could, rather than trade it for a cloak of anger or malic.

Wisdom. Proverbs 8.

No comments: