Friday, March 17, 2006

Final Score

Where are all the sharks coming from? Was I bleeding in the water and didn't know it? I know one thing. I apparently am one heck of a swimmer, because I out swam them all and it's from the shore of peace and security that I'm looking back at where I just came from and seeing the carnivorous infestation.

A couple of doors up from where I currently live is the old home of one of baseball's legendary greats who cautioned us 'not to look behind you' because of what might be gaining on you. I am better able to appreciate his sage advice as I now ponder direction. No doubt, had I realized how treacherous the waters were I thought I was just casually bathing in, the scent of my fear would have made me a far more vulnerable target.

Okay, enough with the metaphors! It's one for me, none for defeat! That's all that matters! Next!

4 comments:

princessdominique said...

I know the feeling and I'll leave it at that.

Shelia said...

When I'm going through I have to remind myself that the gates of hell shall not prevail and anybody allowing the enemy to use them will fail. Keep on my sister.

MsJayy said...

Is it in the air?? Ugh! Well, let's continue to outswim it, outrun it, bypass it, shake it off, pray it off...whatever we need to do to get it behind us!

Peggy said...

Princess, Shelia, MsJayy -
Thanks for the uplifting!