Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long Live the Corset!

Okay, so I'm writing poetry about women (and men) looking and feeling good about themselves again! It's like Patti LaBelle's classic tune said: "I've Got a New Attitude!" I guess you could say "Long live the Corset!" Look what kind of excitement it's bringing back!

Time to Fall In Love Again...with yourself! Time to celebrate you!


SUN LIGHT

A momentary glimpse halted my stride, caused me

to back up, make sure I was seeing what

I thought I was.

It was awesome, really, so much so

I backed up, made sure

it was real.

Sure enough there it stood,

crisp, stunning, the kind of sight

you see only now and then.

The smile caught me a wee bit off guard,

made me self-conscious that I had been

caught staring shamelessly

at the reflection of me

refractured by the rays

of the sun of a brand new day

dancing off the windows

of my world.

c2009 Peggy Eldridge-Love
=



I'm still completely awed by what I have been seeing happening to individual self-esteem with "Body Magic!" Clearly, I'm not the only one!


No comments: