Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pink Chanel was April's #1 Download


Whoa Ho! I got a tweet from Didi Menendez letting me know that my poem Pink Chanel was the number one download for the month of April! That was definitely unexpected and a double pleasure since April was National Poetry Month.

It is number 24 on the Miporadio play list when it comes up (you can click here to hear it) and surrounded by some of today's most talented contemporary poets, so I was just happy to be in the neighborhood with such outstanding artist. How nice to discover that it was meaningful enough for poetry lovers who paused to listen to the some or all of the play list to have downloaded it!

The print version of Pink Chanel was included in the Cafe' Cafe' Edition of Mipoesias some time ago. You can see it online by clicking here.

Pink Chanel, like The Knoll Frames, are rooted in the impact the assassination of President John F. Kennedy had on me as a very young girl, and Pink Chanel speaks to the dignity that we witnessed First Lady Jacquelyn Kennedy maintain during that terrible time of national tragedy; a dignity I sought to emulate in a moment when I was faced with a personal tragedy beyond my ability to comprehend.

Clearly, this was a special thrill.

No comments: