Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Busted!



PixelPusher



I had to share this with you! I wrote it for our free flowing poetry day in one of my most favorite groups. Hope you enjoy it!

BUSTED

I thought he was gone
but he came through
the back,
caught me red-handed
fixing myself
a snack.
How could you,
he screeched
and flew into a rage.
For a moment I bleached
then I rattled that cage
I'd been forced into
on premise I'd been a
size three
when he met, fell in love with
and married me.
Who really knows
the last time
I had a square meal
with him looking
over my shoulder
making each bite
a big deal?
I've been hungry,
and lonely,
trying hard to be
his little doll
who could still wear
a size three,
but I lifted my
sandwich and saluted
him well
and told him
far as this size twelve
is concerned
you can go
straight to hell.

©2005 Peggy Eldridge-Love - All Rights Reserved

Psst:If you enjoy my poetry you can read other of my works in my book You Beckon.

2 comments:

princessdominique said...

Peggy that is funny! I mean I remember getting caught too. This is a priceless moment!

DJ Diva said...

ooooh..i like...i like
Do ya thing!