Sunday, May 01, 2005

Crystal Clear!




Took a break from writing for a while yesterday and today and tried my hand at making a style of earrings I haven't tackled before. These are a little crude, but I think I'm going to enjoy making and selling these. The bottom pair were interesting because I broke down a vintage pair of old Vogue earrings that had a handfull of very interesting rhinestones -- I used it along with some Austrian crystals and ribbed cut glass that I love to work with. I like mixing the old with the new, especially when I find some profound vintage piece of jewelry that, say there's only one earring of, or some of the stones are missing and it is no longer wearable or valuable by itself. Anyway, I got the hang of it, so here I come!I haven't done an art show for a while, maybe I'll do a few this summer.

What the heck, here are a few other pieces I've made:

3 comments:

princessdominique said...

I like the jewels! Whooohooo!

Shelia said...

I love this type of jewelry...I actually have a few in my private collection :)

Peggy said...

Thanks Princess!

Shelia, thank you. I love making jewelry, but the mood has to grab me. Usually when it does I'll make a few dozen pieces and then set it aside until I'm grabbed again.