Monday, May 16, 2005

Homesick



Photo Ditital Holloywood


This is my favorite hide-away. For a while, at least twice a year, I was able to steal away here and spend a week or two, but life has been so unforgivingly hectic and stressful it has been a couple of years and I am, today, just agonizing with desire to be there once again.

The last time we were there we had this phenomenal suite oceanside with a full patio on the fouth floor. The view was so exquisite and the hotel's pampering so extraordinary that we did not leave the suite other than to stroll on the beach and an occasional walk up a few blocks to one of the great restaurants on Ocean Boulevard near the Pier. Well, I did make a couple of shopping trips for some Donald J. Pliner shoes and Jane Yoo purses. But, I think I offended a friends or two who live in the City because I wouldn't come off of the beach that time. One knows me well enough to just come on out and hang with me there, another has long since forgiven me, but the third -- I guess I should have been more flexible.

But all in all I am California dreaming. I'm kinda dangerous when I get homesick like this. I've lived in California and left it more than once, but in my heart of hearts, soul of soul I am definitely a California girl. I'm a duck out of water anywhere else -- especially landlocked here dead in the center of the United States. Heck,I need my pond!

4 comments:

princessdominique said...

Oooooooo! I love it. It's making me crave Mexico. I haven't been in awhile. I'm homesick about that too. Thanks for sharing.

Shelia said...

Peggy, I love the ocean...that's a beautiful picture.

Peggy said...

My pleasure! Actually I wrote a couple of poems in YOU BECKON about this place. I forgot! Timing on page 54 and The Gorgeous Blue Pacific on page 74. They are about as different as day or night, but the setting is the same!

Peggy said...

Mrsmogal, thanks for stopping by. Check your email for the name.