Monday, February 25, 2008

A Minute with Author E. Joyce Moore


Gettin' to the Good Wood


What's Your Name and the title or titles of your books?

E. Joyce Moore

Gettin' to the Good Wood, Non-fiction
Ramblings Through the Attic of Thought, Poetry
I Like Brown, Illustrated Children's Book
Jahzzara, Illustrated Children's Book, Multimedia project

What genre do you normally write in?

I write primarily in non-fiction, however I enjoy the creativity of children's books, poetry and I've started an adult novel. I have also written two scripts for television and am working on a screenplay.

Could you tell us just a little about yourself?

I am a mid-career person, who has the opportunity to pursue her passion in the arts, both visual and literary. I am focused on some specific creative projects, in both my writing and in the promotion of fine artists of color and African descent. It is my goal in 2008 to shoot my first film short and initiate my multimedia project and get two of my books published.

Will you give us a brief overview of your latest, or if you prefer, your favorite book?

I love my book of poetry, Ramblings Through the Attic of Thought, which has many pieces that many resonate with. I plan to load it onto Kindle soon. I am also fond of the children's book I Like Brown which is being illustrated by fine artist Charlotte Riley-Webb and will include a piece of children's art by Jourdan Toliver -- a piece that will go in the back of all of my children's books.

Where are your books available?

Gettin' to the Good Wood is available on Amazon, all others are not yet published.


Thanks for taking time out to share with us and the best of luck to you, Joyce!

1 comment:

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Way to go, Joyce. Much success to you on all of your endeavors.

Love & Peace,
VeeJay